Oldham Cricket Club was formed in the year 1892 in Oldham city’s Watersheddings area. The club was one of the founding members of Central Lancashire League in 1892. Though the club left the league in 1893 but rejoined it later in 1900. Other than Radcliffe club, Oldham is the only club to have returned to the league and played successfully. The majority of success in Central Lancashire League came in the period of 1976 to 1986. During this period the club won the Burton Cup once, the Second Division, the Aggregate Cup twice, the First Division Subsidiary Competition thrice and the Wood Cup four times. The last time the club won was in 2002 when the club won the Third Division Championship and Third Division Plate.
The club has teams playing in First and Second divisions of the Central Lancashire League and also four teams of Under 18, Under 15, Under 13 and Under 11 levels in the Junior Cricket section. The club is currently affiliated to the Central Lancashire Cricket League, the Lancashire Cricket Board and the Greater Manchester.