Man Utd's Moura Deal Dead?
The Red Devils admitted they were keen on the young Brazilian talent earlier in the week, however the latest reports suggest they have been priced out of the chase after their €35million bid was rejected.
Moura’s agent Wagner Ribeiro told UOL: “They have reached their limit. Lucas Moura won’t leave. He is happy at Sao Paulo. We have to forget this subject. There is no possibility he leaves now.”
“Manchester United made an offer, which was rejected and they won’t make another one as they have reached their limit.”
However, Lopes said he was hopeful an agreement could still be reached.
“I don’t rule out the possibility that in the future we open negotiations with Manchester United as we received them with great courtesy,” Lopes told Radio Estadao ESPN.
“And there is the possibility they come back with another offer. Their approach was serious. Other teams have also expressed interest for Lucas, but only through the press from their countries.”
Related news & articles
Monday July 23
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed his interest in Inter Milan and Real Madrid target Lucas Moura. More
Tuesday August 7
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has claimed French big spenders Paris Saint-Germain have tabled a €45 million bid for Brazilian starlet Lucas Moura. More
Monday July 21
A few days ago it was the Manchester United-Cristiano Ronaldo-Real Madrid tug-of-war that was making all the headlines. More
Saturday December 29
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is no “chance” of joining Paris Saint-Germain according to the wealthy Ligue 1 club’s manager Carlo Ancelotti. More