Bernarda Pera is a professional tennis player, originally from Croatia, and now represents the United States. She has a career-high singles ranking of No.49, which she reached in August 2022. She also has a doubles-high career rank of No.35, reached in February 2022.
Bernarda Pera was born on December 3, 1994, in Zadar, Croatia. She currently resides in the United States. Pera stands 175 cm tall and she is a left-handed player and has a two-handed backhand. Her father is a US citizen and when Pera was a teen, the family moved to the United States.
Since she turned pro, she has earned $2,516,853 in prize money. One of her coaches was Guillermo Cañas.
Pera made her maiden Grand Slam main draw appearance in 2018. In her first outing, she made it to the third round of the Australian Open. She was also in the second rounds of the French Open and the US Open.
That year, she was also in the Doha Open. Other WTA 1000 Series events she played in that year include the Miami Open, Madrid Open, Wuhan Open, and the China Open.
As a doubles player, she made it to the semifinals of the 2021 French Open. In the same year, she was in the semifinals of the Canadian Open. In July 2022, she won two WTA 250 events, the Budapest Grand Prix and the Hamburg European Open.
- Highest Singles Ranking: 49 (August15, 2022)
- Current Singles Ranking: 51 (August22, 2022)
Best Grand Slam Singles Performances
- Australian Open - 3R (2018)
- French Open - 2R (2018, 2020)
- Wimbledon - 1R (2018, 2019, 2021,2022)
- US Open - 2R (2018, 2020)
- Highest Doubles Ranking: 35(February 21, 2022)
- Current Doubles Ranking: 97 (August22, 2022)
Best Grand Slam Doubles Performances
- Australian Open - 3R (2021, 2022)
- French Open - SF (2021)
- Wimbledon - 1R (2021, 2022)
- US Open - 3R (2019)
Best Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Performances
- Australian Open - 2R (2022)
- French Open - 1R (2022)