Anett Kontaveit is an Estonian professional tennis player. In June 2022, she reached her career-high singles ranking of No.2. She turned pro in 2010. In 2020, she made it to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. She has a career-high doubles ranking of No.95, achieved in May 2020.
Anett Kontaveit was born on December 24, 1995 in Tallinn, Estonia. She currently resides in Viimsi in her home country. Since she turned pro, he has earned US$7,655,943 in prize money. She has six career titles.
She started playing professionally in 2010 but she did not make her Grand Slam main draw debut until the 2014 Wimbledon. In the following year, she made it to the fourth round of the US Open. Her best Grand Slam finishes as a singles player is the quarterfinals of the 2020 Australian Open. In the same year, she again made it to the fourth round of the US Grand Slam.
In 2021, she won four professional titles. In 2022, she was sixth-seeded at the Aussie Open. A few weeks later, she won the St. Petersburg Trophy. Later, she made it to the finals of the Qatar Open. This was the second WTA 1000 final of her career.
She was fifth-seeded at the 2022 French Open but she suffered a first-round exit. She then split from Coach Dmitry Tursunov and started working with Torben Beltz.
- Highest Singles Ranking: 2 (June 6,2022)
- Current Singles Ranking: 2 (August23, 2022)
Best Grand Slam Singles Performances
- Australian Open - QF (2020)
- French Open - 4R (2018)
- Wimbledon - 3R (2017, 2018, 2019)
- US Open - 4R (2015, 2020)
Other Singles Tournaments
- Tour Finals - F (2021)
- Olympic Games - 1R (2020)
- Highest Doubles Ranking: 95 (May 2,2020)
- Current Doubles Ranking: 316 (August23, 2022)
Best Grand Slam Doubles Performances
- Australian Open - 2R (2019, 2020)
- French Open - 3R (2019)
- Wimbledon - 2R (2017, 2022)
- US Open - 2R (2019, 2021)