Tours FC or Tours Football Club is commonly known as Tours. This is a professional French association football club having base in Tours, France. Formed in 1919, the team presently plays in Ligue 2, the second level of French football. This team play their home matches at the Stade de la Vallee du Cher, which is situated within the city premises. This team is entirely managed by Peter Zeidler and is captained by Julien Cardy, a midfielder.
Nicknamed as TFC, the ground has a seating capacity of 13,500 spectators. Initially, this club was founded under the name of AS Docks-du-Center. After two years, they changed their name to AS du Center and under this name; the club spent 30 years entering professionalism in the 1930s. By 1951, they changed their name to the present name, Tours FC. Moreover, under this name, the club achieved glorious success in its infancy, reaching the round of 64 in the Coupe de France, thanks to Alfred Aston.
The team was promoted to the first division in 1980 and prior to the start of the season, they signed Delio Onnis, a productive striker from Monaco. He improved the attack of the club over the next three years, departing the club in 1983 after the team suffered relegation. During his stint from 1980 to 1983, the team of Tours FC reached the semi finals of the Coupe de France in 1982 and 1983. However, post one season, the club returned to the lower league and they have yet to manage their return to Ligue 1.
During their present absence from Ligue 1, the team was allotted to the Championnat National, which is the third division of French football, after they finished in the last position in 2006-07 season. During the season, the club manager was removed from his position and at the end of the season, this club sold almost all of its players, including the captain of the team, David Fleurival. The team kept only two players, long time goalkeeper, Armand Raimbault and young prospect, Rudy Wendling.
The stadium of the club has been playing since 1978 at the Stade de la Vallee du Cher. Prior to this stadium construction, the club used to play at different stadium, the Stade de Grammont.