Eintracht Braunschweig is a German association football club which is based in Braunschweig, Lower Saxony. This club was known as one of the founding members of the Bundesliga in 1963. Moreover, they won the national title in 1967. This team is also known by the name of Braunschweiger Turn-und Sportverein Eintracht von 1895. Nicknamed as Lowen (nord) and also as The Lions/Northerns, the team got founded in 1895.
The home matches of the team are played in Eintracht-Stadion, Braunschweig, which has a seating capacity of 25,540. The chairman of this team is Sebastian Ebel with Torsten Lieberknecht being the coach of the team.
In 1973, this team became the first Bundesliga side to have sported a sponsor logo on their jerseys, although they refused a related attempt to rename the team name, Eintracht Jägermeister. This move paid Eintracht Braunschweig team 100,000 DM, introducing a new way of doing business to football, which, now is worth millions. Other clubs too followed suit, and this team’s game against FC Schalke 04 in 1973 became the first ever Bundesliga match to have featured a club having sponsorship on its jersey.
In mid 80s, this club played in the Bundesliga after being relegated twice, in 1973-74 and in 1980-81. From 1963 to 1973, this team played in 322 games in the Bundesliga, setting a record which still stands till date as not seeing any player being given a red card. Since 1985-86 seasons, the club played at the tier II as well as III levels. By 1987, they made their mark as they got demoted. They were the only team to have been relegated with a positive goal differences with 52 goals for and 47 goals against.
This team moved continuously between the 2. Bundesliga and the 3. Liga/Regionalliga. Recently, this team got promoted post the 2010-11 third La Liga campaign, which permitted them to re-enter 2. Bundesliga in 2011-12.
Eintracht Braunschweig was the North German champions in 1908 and in 1913. They were also the Gauliga Braunschweig – Sudhannover champions in 1943 and in 1944. Moreover, they won the German championship in 1967.