Ruch Chorzow is a Polish football club based in Chorzow, Upper Silesia. They currently feature in the Polish first division and one of the most successful football clubs in Poland, having wonthe league championship 14 times and the Polish Cup thrice.
Ruch Chorzow were established in 1920 in Bismarckhutte and until 1938 were known as Ruch Hajduki Wielkie. They merged with Chorzow in 1939 and were rechristened as Ruch Chorzow. They underwent a name change during the communist era but reverted to their current name in 1956.
Ruch Chorzow won their first ever Polish league championship in 1933 andhave gone onto win the league 13 more times since then. Their last league triumph came in 1989. They also reached the quarter-finals of the European Cup in 1975 and quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup in 1974.
Ruch Chorzow play their home matches at the Stadion Ruchu that can accommodate 10,000 spectators. They bear the nicknames “The Blues”, “The Blues R” and “HKS”.