Defender Marquez out w/ muscle tear

Defender Marquez out w/ muscle tear

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

Can anyone say OW? Sometimes I feel bad for players, we never really notice how physically taken their bodies end up with. I mean, I freak out when I twist that muscle that runs behind my knee, I'm not sure I could do anything than be a sports spectator. Some are cut out for the work, I'm not. The article is below with its source. BARCELONA, Spain - FC Barcelona centre-back Rafael Marquez will be out of action for four weeks with a torn leg muscle, the club said Wednesday. The Mexico defender came off the field shortly after the start of Barcelona's 2-0 Champions League win over VfB Stuttgart on Tuesday with what medical scans determined was a muscle tear in the lower part of his right leg. Fellow centre-back Carles Puyol was also substituted in the victory because of a strained left calf, but the club's medical team said the Spain defender could play Sunday against Atletico Madrid in the Spanish league. Puyol's availability would be a slight relief to coach Frank Rijkaard, who is without defenders Gabriel Milito and Gianluca Zambrotta as well as defensive midfielder Yaya Toure due to injury. Source

# 2

depending on which muscle it is, the rehab can be treahcerous and limit what he can do and what he can be hen he does come back.

Thailand Profile image 100x100
# 3

I guess its normal for athletes to be more susceptible to such injuries and they know it might happen to them. The good thing though is that their body is prepared to take such beating and injuries that they recover immediately. Although the immediate hurt is still there, if that happens to people who are not athletic, it will become very fatal.

# 4

professional sports teams generally have access to the best medical treatment around for such things, but if the tear is severe, that is a long rehab

# 5

Alright, now this definitely sucks. Hopefully Marquez is back in action ASAP. But hey, he should be out as long as is needed. Better to stay out until you can/will give your all in every game.

# 6

Ouch indeed. Hope to be seeing Marquez back in action, as soon as he is ready to be. In the mean time though, he definitely needs to be resting up.

Reply to Thread