New sponser?

New sponser?

Reply to Thread
United States Roser
# 1

Standard Chartered Bank will replace Carlsberg as the main sponsors of Liverpool FC That is what I read, but I wonder how this will pan out for the team? Most times fans worry if the new can live up to the old sponsors path, what the team will think of it, how it will be handled, and if its good or bad for the team. Seeing as its a bank, I doubt they will have any issues but for some reason i feel they might be a little more picky and nosy towards the teams spendings too.

Indonesia Profile image 100x100
# 2

Haha, I like the way you think that since it is a bank, they could be more picky and nosy towards the teams expenses. That sounds logic to me. Hope this situation doesn't make the Liverpool management getting a hard time dealing with their sponsor. Hope it doesn't affect the team's performance too much.

United States Alibaba
# 3

Oh my, I see nothing but bad things and frustration coming from this "new" sponsor situation. Darn right, they are going to be nosy, this is a record breaking deal. And actually if you think about it, "bank" sponsorship in sports is very common place now as sports are continually gentrified. The Barclays, a global financial firm, has sponsored the Premier League since 2004. I think most of these sponsors just want the rumored 300% return they get from sports sponsorships and a place on the teams they sponsor uniforms.

"Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string." — Pelé
United States Profile image 100x100
# 4

I don't like sponsor changes in sports. Of course, I don't like change at all and being the suspicious person that I am, I am always wondering who is benefiting the most - the team or the sponsor.

# 5

I'm not so bothered normally by sponsor changes, but when it comes to a brewery giving up to a bank that is worrying. I would worry if nothing else that the bank wouldn't have the stability in the current economic atmosphere.

# 6

Raemondo: I'm not so bothered normally by sponsor changes, but when it comes to a brewery giving up to a bank that is worrying. I would worry if nothing else that the bank wouldn't have the stability in the current economic atmosphere.
That is basically what I was thinking. Aside from the bank possibly having issues with how spending goes, there is always the issue of stability. I don't mind change, unless I feel like it will have a great impact on something, and this is sure to. I hope for the best but I have one of those gut feelings that issues are to follow.

Rah ~ RAh ~ RAH
United States Roser
# 7

What if they try and run the team like a bank? Some of the banks local to me would scare me to death thinking like that - and the team would suffer along with the fans. Bad idea. And yes, banks are getting in on things too, but it seems more common than anything now - everything is being run by them, good or bad?

# 8

Maybe we won't even notice the change, but I doubt it. Sometimes a change in sponsor can be a good thing for the team. Hopefully it will mean more upgrades for the team.

United States Memski
# 9

If its good and works out then all is okay, but if it gets started and for some reason does not work out I see many fans being upset over it. Or if they get to the point where they are demanding X changes since they are the sponsor now.

I do not have one, oopsies?
Reply to Thread
image description