Does Anyone Follow This Team?

Does Anyone Follow This Team?

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

I noticed there has not been any discussion started here and was just wondering if anyone out there has been following this team? Personally, I have not heard a lot about them or their league.

# 2

I found some information at www.cricinfo.com. They also have their own personal website but I found more up to date info on cricinfo. From most of what I have been reading, they seem like a team that kind of flies under the radar.

# 3

I really haven't ever paid them much attention if I am honest. I am English and proud-I follow the England team and not much else I am afraid.

# 4

I have a great interest in New Zealand for their rugby team but haven't really looked at the cricket team much. Australia I have, obviously, because of the Ashes.

# 5

According to Wiki, when the BCCI began it's rise to financial power over cricket that they were able to convince other boards not to pick players who had joined in the Twenty20 Indian Cricket League. Players had to choose one over the other and NZ lost a lot of good players as a result. They have been struggling to rebuild ever since. One notable player who has been with them since 1997 is Daniel Vettori.

# 6

That makes some sense. Geographically many teams struggle, with players of dual nationalities or of dual ancestries and thus, I could see a lot of teams being hit hard by such rules.

# 7

So do you think the BCCI has something against India and Twenty20 cricket or are they just trying to keep all the good players for themselves?

Reply to Thread