$111 million dollars???

$111 million dollars???

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

The Challengers have spent that much building their present team, including $1.55 million just for Kevin Pietersen. So far this money doesn't seem to be doing them much good considering their first match was so very pedestrian.

# 2

I think for that much money people should be getting at least half of what they paid for. Right now sports people go for so much and most times its based on what they have done, not what they can still do.

# 3

Well, in reality, you can only hope for what they can still do. The hottest player in the world could get injured the day after signing a big money contract. The whole thing is a big gamble for the sports organizations.

# 4

Very well put and I think some people never notice that at the time. Most thing sports are gambling only on the side of the fans and side bets, not exactly when breaking out the contracts.

# 5

I like to be entertained as well as the next guy but that seems like an awful lot of money to be paying someone to entertain us. The education systems around the world would be so much better if we paid teachers like that.

# 6

I think after you take out all the money they spend on food, clothes, homes, cars it is a normal amount to have. I would like it myself but I doubt I am going pro anytime soon.

# 7

Of course, the money they spend on food, clothes, homes and cars would provide food, clothiing and shelter for several homeless and starving families.

# 8

That is true, batgirl. But the Challengers have seemingly turned things around and they are picking up their game. Perhaps they will earn that $111 million after all.

# 9

Wow, that is a lot of money. I agree with the posters that talked about all the good that could be used with that kind of money. I can also understand the desire to live in luxury, if able. But, with the world economy it seems that the sports world could take a pay cut, as well. They could still live well. But it would be an amazing gesture for them to consider the lives of their fans as well as their own.

United States Memski
# 10

If someone wants to be paid that much money they better bring it to the table is all I can say. We see some worth it and not paid it, and we see others paid it that are no where near worth the price.

I do not have one, oopsies?
Thailand Profile image 100x100
# 11

lstr8: I think for that much money people should be getting at least half of what they paid for. Right now sports people go for so much and most times its based on what they have done, not what they can still do.
This is the norm in sports. You make a name for yourself and you will be for your accomplishments and not for what you can do in the future. The problem with the owners of the teams is they are think that the performance of that player will be the same today as was in the past.

# 12

battyone: Well, in reality, you can only hope for what they can still do. The hottest player in the world could get injured the day after signing a big money contract. The whole thing is a big gamble for the sports organizations.
I have to agree, battyone. It is a big gamble for the sports organizations, especially as a player gets older. Anyone can be injured though and if I was spending that kind of money I would at least want to go with the guy I knew had a reputation for delivering.

Reply to Thread