Harbhajan Makes The Top 10

Harbhajan Makes The Top 10

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

The International Cricket Council Test Rankings were released yesterday. Habhajan Singh, also known as the Turbanator, ranked No. 6. He was only one of two Indian players to make the top 10.

# 2

I can't seem to find this listing anywhere. Could you either post a link or share who the rest of the top ten list were? I'm curious as to what other Indian player made the list. I'm a little surprised to see Harbhajan make it, quite honestly. He's good and all but I wouldn't say he's that good.

# 3

I can't seem to find this listing anywhere. Could you either post a link or share who the rest of the top ten list were? I'm curious as to what other Indian player made the list. I'm a little surprised to see Harbhajan make it, quite honestly. He's good and all but I wouldn't say he's that good.

# 4

I found a couple different links to the article when I did a search on Harbhajan. I was surprised to see him on the list too. I really haven't been able to find out a whole lot about him other than what is on the team site. The site below has a complete list of those making the top 10. http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090505/jsp/sports/story_10917349.jsp

# 5

Harbhajan got a rough start in cricket in his eary days. It seems the cricket authorities had problems with the legality of his bowling style and some other disciplinary incidents, although I don't recall hearing exactly what those incidents were. This all took place in 1998. It wasn't until 2001, when Sourav Gangulay requested that he be a part of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy team, that he was reinstated.

Reply to Thread