Crayton Signs Four-Year, $14 Million Extension

Crayton Signs Four-Year, $14 Million Extension

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

He has been amazing this past season, and they obviously don't want him out there as a free agent, but do you think he's worth the price, which includes a 6mil signing bonus?

# 2

6mil atop the 14mil? Dang I wish I was more into sports as a teen! If thats 20mil total, thats 5mil per year, does that even include any of his items that he endorses?

# 3

What Crayton is being paid does seem like an awful lot, but salaries like that are more than a little common for one of the teams crucial players which Crayton quite clearly is. He plays well, and he gets played well.

# 4

Well... as much as I would love to say Crayton doesn't warrant that much money, price tags like this are becoming more and more common place. All I know is that I hate this stuff, but i'm sure I would love it as a player.

# 5

FYI contracts don't include endorsement monies, as they don't come from the team, but directly from the company who makes the endorsed product. Consider that icing on the cake as you will. I don't think anyone is really worth such an enormous amount, but perhaps in terms of fans, tickets sold and TV ratings they may be depending on what is invested.

# 6

No, he's not worth the price. But not that many football athletes are worth what they get paid. As previously mentioned this seems to be the way things go these days. Either way, it's fun to watch him and Romo. The best parts of the Cowboys team.

Reply to Thread