Matthew Hayden

Matthew Hayden

Reply to Thread
United States Memski
# 1

Did you know this guy is also a cook? I think its kind of interesting when we find out things like this from those we look at most times, only in the sports light.

I do not have one, oopsies?
United States Profile image 100x100
# 2

Nope but that is a good way to get the females behind you when your a fan. Hey if it works don't fix it right? I do like to hear tidbits about the players though. Makes them a little more real than what some people think they are (all gods of course).

# 3

I read somewhere that he not only cooks but he has publised a cookbook. According to the article he loves to prepare seafood dishes for his friends.

United States Memski
# 4

Well we all could not be sportsmen forever right? I think its pretty smart of him to have a backup plan. Some people out of the sports world do not even have one.

# 5

I really can not think of many that you hear about them later after their sports day are past them. Sometimes a couple go into selling random products but that is about all I can think of.

United States Memski
# 6

When you go past your prime what else are you going to do you know? And even thinking about it more, everyone should know how to cook. Its sad when I see people out of college who still can not boil water.

# 7

I think many fans out there who are also parents like the idea of how involved he is with Parent Project Australia. A very worthy cause but I wish more sports figures would step out and do this, not nearly enough that can, do.

# 8

I had not heard about Parents Project Australia so I googled it. It is an organization that provides support for families with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and Becker muscular dystrophy. I think this is great and agree more athletes should become involved with these organizations. It's a way of giving thanks for their own healthy muscles.

# 9

memski: When you go past your prime what else are you going to do you know? And even thinking about it more, everyone should know how to cook. Its sad when I see people out of college who still can not boil water.
The problem with retiring from sports is that you are still quite young when compared to the normal retirement age. Then you are faced with what to do with the rest of your life. Sadly, many don't have a plan and are lost when they first retire.

Crazee
# 10

Which is why so many schools world wide are still pushing to remind all athletes that they need a backup plan. How are we going to let our kids just end up "stuck" like that if they get into sports?

England Profile image 100x100
# 11

This is so true. Over my lifetime, I have seen many star athletes who have dedicated their lives from childhood on their sport; only to either not succeed or to get seriously injured. It is so sad to see them lose their dream and if they haven't saved up their earnings, they might end up in dead end jobs or drawing welfare.

Sri Lanka Profile image 100x100
# 12

Wow, a cook. He can make a lot of money depending on what area he decides to pursue. If he has already written a cookbook, he apparently knows what he is doing. How fortunate, that he is able to do both things that he loves, cricket and cooking. Good for him.

# 13

Matthew Hayden is also a cook...now how about that? I would have never guessed if you didn't tell me, but it just goes to show how multi-talented that Matthew Hayden truly is, both in the sports world, and also the kitchen apparently!

Reply to Thread