Fake IPL Player?

Fake IPL Player?

Reply to Thread
England Profile image 100x100
# 1

Does anyone follow this guy's blog? What do you think about him? Is he really a spy on the team and are there going to be legal implications if found out?

United States Profile image 100x100
# 2

Okay, you have completely lost me with this one. What blog are you talking about and what is this about a fake player being a spy? Being a spy for who? I don't see how there could be a fake player as you have to have talent and skills to get there.

# 3

Okay, you have completely lost me with this one. What blog are you talking about and what is this about a fake player being a spy? Being a spy for who? I don't see how there could be a fake player as you have to have talent and skills to get there.

# 4

Apparently it's a blogger who is receiving a lot of buzz with his satirical posts complete with insider secrets of the KKR. They aren't sure if it's a publicity stunt or someone out to damage the KKR further than their playing has. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/169308-twin-perspective-chronicles-of-the-fake-ipl-player-part-2

# 5

Apparently it's a blogger who is receiving a lot of buzz with his satirical posts complete with insider secrets of the KKR. They aren't sure if it's a publicity stunt or someone out to damage the KKR further than their playing has. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/169308-twin-perspective-chronicles-of-the-fake-ipl-player-part-2

# 6

I have to agree with the writer of the above article. He is definitely not a player, especially for KKR. It's probably just some insecure somebody with nothing better to do.

# 7

There are several sites out in cybespace saying that they have discovered who the fake IPL player is using some of his points of referensce as to when he began playing, where he is from and the length of time he has been playing.

Sri Lanka Profile image 100x100
# 8

I am amazed at what things people think they can get away with. It is pretty easy to track activity over the internet. He was bound to be found out, sooner or later.

India Kavita nambissan
# 9

Ok, firstly I dont think he was caught and secondly, I dont think that s/he will ever be caught. Whoever s/he is, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a publicity stunt. Negative maybe, but its publicity and its made the team more famous than anything. And its not like anything s/he is posting is not known, about the team players and the rivalries and the in-fighting. Also, any of the information can be found with thorough research on the Internet. I mean, things like: 1. Shane Warne sleeping around - like we haven't heard that before. 2. The players partying: well, DUH!!! it happens everywhere and most people, especially locals, will know which are the popular hangouts. 3. Net Sessions: All practices are open to the public, so anybody could see that. 4. Infighting: Well, that really isn't a surprise. Anybody can tell that the foreign players tend to be more comfortable with other players of their status or standing. International players WILL hang out more with other international players and Sourav Ganguly isn't really the hearthrob of all internationals. Barring from stating the obvious, the guy REALLY hasn't put anything shocking thats come out to be true. Most can be easily speculated from their past lives and somethings could be made up simply because no one has any way of confirming it to be true. You know... I overheard Sachin say to someone - "I need some weed, man!!!" There... Go prove me wrong.

India Aditi verma
# 10

Funny guy!!! Whether it is the truth or not, it sure takes a lot of guts to say things like these on the public forum. I hope this has a good end.

England Profile image 100x100
# 11

You are right about it possibly being a publicity stunt. If that is the case, it sure has worked. When you are in the kind of position that these teams are in, free publicity whether it is positive or negative can definitely be a good thing. Well, of course that applies to just about anybody.

# 12

Kavita Nambissan: Ok, firstly I dont think he was caught and secondly, I dont think that s/he will ever be caught. Whoever s/he is, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a publicity stunt. Negative maybe, but its publicity and its made the team more famous than anything. And its not like anything s/he is posting is not known, about the team players and the rivalries and the in-fighting. Also, any of the information can be found with thorough research on the Internet. I mean, things like: 1. Shane Warne sleeping around - like we haven't heard that before. 2. The players partying: well, DUH!!! it happens everywhere and most people, especially locals, will know which are the popular hangouts. 3. Net Sessions: All practices are open to the public, so anybody could see that. 4. Infighting: Well, that really isn't a surprise. Anybody can tell that the foreign players tend to be more comfortable with other players of their status or standing. International players WILL hang out more with other international players and Sourav Ganguly isn't really the hearthrob of all internationals. Barring from stating the obvious, the guy REALLY hasn't put anything shocking thats come out to be true. Most can be easily speculated from their past lives and somethings could be made up simply because no one has any way of confirming it to be true. You know... I overheard Sachin say to someone - "I need some weed, man!!!" There... Go prove me wrong.
You are absolutely right. Unless he says something really damaging that can be proven to be wrong, there is not a lot that can be done. And everything that is being said is definitely bringing publicity to the team for better or worse.

# 13

I think I need to go with the media outlet here too. It could be an inside job just to stir things up up a little and at this time they do need a little attention. Good or bad it has people talking.

Reply to Thread