Too much Advertising

Too much Advertising

Reply to Thread
India Kavita nambissan
# 1

Ok... What do you think? are the players paying too much time to Advertising, corporate commitments and other non-cricketing activities????

India Anjali nambissan
# 2

There is no such thing as too much advertising. The players are entitled to the benefits of their jobs, whether they be advertisements or a paid vacation to the nether regions. When we are unabashed about taking perks in our jobs, why should they not be too?

India Aditi verma
# 3

Yes that is right Anjali, but don't you think that sometimes there is something that is beyond the normal realms of work? I means sure, they are also doing a job only but their jobs are more public in nature, they are more influential on young minds and their opinions matter. Is this not important?

India Anjali nambissan
# 4

I disagree Aditi. Just because I am good at cricket or acting does not mean that my life is suddenly public property. I work hard at my skill just as Bill Gates did at his desk and Warren Buffet did in his investments. So why is it that Gates and Buffet can earn without any limits but I cant??? In any case, a professional cricketer does not allocate more than 2 - 3 days for a particular brand. For e.g. Sachin was available to Pepsi only for 3 days in a year. I don't think that it would make a difference to Sachin if he was shooting for an Ad for 3-days and that too when he is not playing any cricket.

India Kavita nambissan
# 5

I guess, every job has its moral responsibility. Even a person working in a bank has a moral responsibility. Just that these guys are more in the public eye and therefore, their way of working can be scrutinized in great detail. I am sure we all spend a lot of time on useless websites and phone calls not related to work. And I am sure that the normal person wastes more time than these people on such things. I think that the viewing audience needs to grow mature and handle this in the right spirit.

Reply to Thread