Why Did He Quit?

Why Did He Quit?

Reply to Thread
OnTheBuses United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

Was a reason ever given for Paul Collingwood quitting the captaincy in August? He seemed to be doing ok-do you think it might have something to do with his fine?

irlfan United States Profile image 100x100
# 2

All the official statements say is that he resigned as captain to work on his own form. I have not read anything else to the contrary and see no reason to go looking for a problem if there isn't one.

Choice United States Profile image 100x100
# 3

He said that the extra work, for the captaincy, was stopping him working on his game. His game was suffering and he wanted to concentrate on it again.

lstr8 United States Profile image 100x100
# 4

It really makes me wonder how you can be so good at something to get such a high fan base and then just disappear. I am really thinking this is a coo type that the stress level was just too much to handle and thats how we saw him kindly disappear.

Ania Sri Lanka Profile image 100x100
# 5

Oh I don't know. I may not be playing cricket right now, but I can definitely relate to taking on too big a work load. As a result other areas begin to suffer. If you are going to specialize in certain areas, then you need to be able to concentrate on your specialty otherwise every area will suffer. If he needs to take time off to better himself, it will be worth it in the long run.

lstr8 United States Profile image 100x100
# 6

I wonder if the over work many of us tend to do end up being just the same as you are noting. We are so tired and over worked, we lose why we do the things we do. We just run out of energy anymore from being sucked dry.

sticky United States Profile image 100x100
# 7

I think that he did just need some time to focus on his own game but everything has turned out for the best now. Even though a player stops being a captain does not mean he stops leading as with Kevin

sticky United States Profile image 100x100
# 8

sticky: I think that he did just need some time to focus on his own game but everything has turned out for the best now. Even though a player stops being a captain does not mean he stops leading as with Kevin
I had just read a post on Kevin Pieterson so you know I mean Paul.

wicketeer United States Profile image 100x100
# 9

I do think that Paul's game has suffered since he became captain. Whether the captaincy was the problem or not only he can determine. Personally, I am just eager to see him get his game back and play the kind of cricket we all know he is capable of.

Reply to Thread