Blast Hits Pakistan Hotel Where England and SA Team Should Have Stayed

Blast Hits Pakistan Hotel Where England and SA Team Should Have Stayed

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

As unfortunate as the recent changes of venue have been, it looks like they may have saved lives for both the South African and English cricket teams. Last night the hotel that they might have been staying in was destroyed by a bomb blast. I'm very happy that the changes were made, as my love of cricket might have been upset today!

# 2

Yes, it would seem that this was a very prudent move. The teams were of course not the target, but could have got caught up in the cross fire.

# 3

The plus side to things like this happening is it is like flying, on September 12th 2001. Security will be that much tighter right now that I think that the teams are safer than they have ever been.

Jamaica Profile image 100x100
# 4

Indeed the security measures will be elevated to the max - but how much is enough these days against these crazy folks. The players have enough to worry about with their game to add security to it.

# 5

It is hard to know how much is enough and with the fact that so many terrorists are willing to lose their lives to achieve their aims, I don't think that there is anything you can really do to stop them.

Jamaica Profile image 100x100
# 6

Even sports is not left unaffected by these dreadful acts of terrorism. Neither players or spectators can get too comfortable or unworried about this emerging monster.

# 7

Goofer: Indeed the security measures will be elevated to the max - but how much is enough these days against these crazy folks. The players have enough to worry about with their game to add security to it.
Yes, these players definitely have enough on their minds without having to worry about security issues. As far as how much is too much, I guess nowadays that depends on how much you value your life and what you are willing to put up with to secure your chances of survival.

# 8

Right, and I think that with the state of the world today, it would take an awful lot to be too much. That said, a limit will be reached.

Reply to Thread