New to Cricket

New to Cricket

Reply to Thread
United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

I just found this forum and I'm brand new to the sport of cricket - but being a sports enthusiast of a number of sports, I am looking forward to learning more about cricket in this forum. How many other countries besides England have cricket teams? Are any of you forum members from England? Have you gone to games (or are they called matches?) to watch your team play?

# 2

I'm from England, I've been to a couple of one day matches in Nottingham-the Notts county cricket club is pretty good. Lots of countries have a team, notably Australia, India, Pakistan, Ireland, Wales.

Jamaica Profile image 100x100
# 3

Choice, how could you forget the West Indies' cricket team? Granted they have not been doing too well in recent times, but still a force to reckon with

# 4

Yes, they are rather hard to forget with a name like the WIndies ;) Sorry, such juvenile humour, but it always did make us laugh together!

Jamaica Profile image 100x100
# 5

Yes, you are excused. ;) Do you think they got the name because they were knocking the wind out of everyone else?;) See what you started?

# 6

Heh, not quite what we were meaning In the UK what we refer to as wind Americans call gas..... getting me now?! Yes, the WIndies are really the gassies ;)

Reply to Thread