Steelers draft Dixon despite knee injury

Steelers draft Dixon despite knee injury

Reply to Thread
yasser United States Profile image 100x100
# 1

soxrox my thoughts exactly. Whos to say this wont be a quick heal anyways, he is still a little on the young side and as far as I know its not a repete injury to the same spot like many have.

swoosh United States Profile image 100x100
# 2

I definitely think they plan on letting him warm the bench a bit and heal up before putting him to good use. By them we may need a qb so it should work out well.

DavyJ United States Profile image 100x100
# 3

The steelers used their 5th round draft pick to draft a QB even though they don't reall need him. Dixon played for Oregon and was one of the best QB's in college football last year until he messed his knee up. Not sure how this actually helps the Steelers, though?

soxrox United States Profile image 100x100
# 4

Yaa, I read about this earlier this week. Since the Steelers don't need a QB right now maybe their hoping the guy will heal and down the road he'll pay off big time. Who knows. Dixon definitely has potential once he gets past the knee injury.

Windwhispers United States Profile image 100x100
# 5

I don't know about Dixon but they were glad to get Illinois' own Rashard Mendenhall. He was a little taken aback to be listed as fourth running back in the draft as he considers himself the best. We'll have to see him hold up to his legend in his own mind.

Chris United States Profile image 100x100
# 6

I really think they wasted a draft pick here. The definitely have other areas that need improved upon instead of getting a hurt QB. I just really don't see the logic behind it but then again I watch it on television for a reason. Chris

George United States Profile image 100x100
# 7

I think this falls into the "what were they thinking" category. Each and every draft pick is a step into the unknown because not every college player in the draft is NFL material but to add to that by drafting a player that is hurt! That was just insane to me! George

Reply to Thread